'66 327 Block - Impala Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

'66 327 Block

First time here, I don’t have an Impala but I think I have an Impala engine block that I am looking to get rid of. The only history I have on it is the Casting and Stamp Pad numbers. As per a Google search it should be a ’66 327/275HP 4speed 4Bbl out of an Impala. It appears to be bored 40 over. At this point I’m just looking to get rid of it. Before I drag it down to the curb for the scrap guys I figured I’d ask if anyone local would want it. I’m on Long Island in the Smithtown area. Send me an email if you have any interest saopm@verizon.net.

Casting: 3858180
Stamp Pad: T0506HAR

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 03:32 PM

Welcome to the Team Tim!

All 327 blocks from 1964-'67 where basically all the same. The only big difference was with a truck block, which still had two bolt mains, but was cast out of higher nickel content iron. Do you think that one will clean up at 0.060" inches? looks pretty rough.

Big Dave
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

My guess is that it would clean up at 0.060". The cylinder walls were greased and they still have a heavy coat. Seems to be mostly surface rust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page