Impalas.net banner

1969 impala rotors

8K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  396427BISCAYNE 
#1 ·
Let me begin by saying I have tried every possible option to try to get some questions regarding 1969 impala rotor questions. I purchased this 1969 impala and am stuck trying to fiqure out the hub-rotor assembly, I have been told by about 10 different mechanics that the hub goes on top and told by another 10 that it goes on the bottom.Does anyone know how this really goes? My problem is that when installed on th inside of the rotor there is a gap between the hub and rotor. The problem on top is that the stud holes in the hub are lrager than the ones on the rotor? Then Ive had afew mechanics tell me that the 1969 impala only came with drum brakes. I hope someone out there can help me out.

#3 ·
I have 69 disc brakes on my 65 impala. the original hub, rotor was mounted on the back side. I used corvette rear rotors on mine that mount on the front side. the original 69 rotors are hard to find and quite expensive when you do find them. Disc brakes were available in 67-68-69-70. but I think the 67-68s were 4 piston. the 69-70s were 2 piston.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.