Impalas.net banner

Tulsa, Ok - "New" '67 Impala SS!

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  camware 
#1 ·
Hey, all! Picked up a sweet '67 Impala SS a month ago and I'm loving it. It runs, stops, and (more importantly?) turns heads! :)
I'm currently looking at disc brake conversions, replacing the front bucket foams and covers and headliner. After that, possibly AC (it gets HOT in Oklahoma!)

Here's the cowl tag (which I already decoded). Now I see that there's an engine tag so I can finally find out if it was originally a 427 car. Kinda doubt it (got a 350 in it now) but it'll be cool if it is.

Glad to be here! I'll try to get more pics uploaded.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
The only tag that confirms that it had a 427 from the factory would be from a SS 427 which was it's own unique car (different hood, etc.). Otherwise the trim tag will simply state if it was a V8 or an in line six, with indication of what motor was installed in it.

Big Dave

#4 ·
Big Dave, I noticed on another guys thread, you mentioned an engine tag or engine id. I believe you said it's under the head on the passenger side, but I can't tell from the picture exactly where I should be looking. Do you happen to have a bigger picture with maybe an arrow or something? Mine's probably covered with dirt, but I have no idea. Thanks in advance! Oh, got my fuel sender replaced today and the tank flushed out. Gas gauge finally works! And, interestingly, I put 5 gallons in it before the needle moved off of "E". So, I guess that's kinda like a 60's reserve tank. ;)
($60 to fill it up, by the way)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.