1965 Chevy impala bucket seats? - Impala Tech
Interiors Upholstery & Soft Trim

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-22-2015, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

1965 Chevy impala bucket seats?

Hello guys! I been busy getting a bunch of parts for my impala ?. I got of 1965 SS impala seats with chrome trim the will need to be rebuild completely. Now my cuestión I is I already have some bucket seats on my impala but I don't know from what kind of car came from I did purchased the covers for SS impala seats can anyone tell me if I can used the ones I have in MI care of I have to used the SS seats to fit? I really not concern about the trim I just want to make sure I can use the seats already install in my car? Thank you in advance it may seem silly question but someone like me that I'm trying to learn is not. I would hate to sell the SS bucket seats I have just to find later I can't not used the new covers with the seats I have installing the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-22-2015, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Sorry I forgot to attach the picture this are the seats I have installed right now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-03-22-14-12-18_1427051583147.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	10217   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-03-22-14-12-11_1427051600605.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	10225  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 08:49 AM

Did you ever end up installing the new seat covers? I have a 65 SS as well, and just did the interior a couple months ago. The buckets you have look correct. The only thing that looks different is the stitch pattern on the seats in your pictures. If you took the covers off the frame and took a few pics, i could give you a better answer if they're the correct seats or not.

'65 Impala SS
'71 Super Beetle
2011 Dodge 2500 6.7L Cummins
2013 GMC Acadia
2014 Corvette Stingray

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 10:11 AM

The seat may have come out of a Chevy light C-K truck from 1973-87 known as square bodies. If so it will have some modified seat frame to fit the full size Chevy car. That is just one possible source of a bucket seat as there were many vehicle made with them (I usually used Mercedes Benz C-class seats in my personal car builds because they were really comfortable).

Any time you use a none standard seat (such as the high backed white Corinthian leather seat out of a 1970 Challenger SE I put in my '67 Nova) you have to make mounts to adapt the seat frame to the car's floor boards.

He initially asked whether he could make seat covers designed to fit a specific seat to fit an unknown seat and even after consulting my crystal ball and reading the entrails of some local road kill I could not offer any information. Which is probably why no one else responded.

We get a lot of questions like that on muscle car boards (I am a mod on three boards) of a similar nature but without further information I can not help. My favorite is will this tire wheel combo fit my car without my ever seeing it. Spring sag and a half century of past owners modifying their cars with air shocks or cut springs depending upon the fashion of the period makes it impossible to answer. In every case all you have to do is measure what you have.

Big Dave
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 09:29 AM

Seats

Those seats look more like the 66 and up buckets, 65 was completely different. Plenty of pics if you google, image on the web to see the vast different is shape, thickness and size.

Paul

Paul

1966 Impala SS

Please Visit our new site:
http://www.winvoices.com/
1959 through 1982* window stickers, car shippers, dealer invoices, retail sales orders and tank stickers, expertly reproduced, for most Chevrolet Models.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page