Impalas.net banner

which impala should i use???

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Big Dave 
#1 ·
i recently put up a picture of the 64 impala ss that ive had for some time but i also just bought another same make and model. well pulling the carpet in the red impala i found a big hole under the back seat only to look up and back driver side has tiny holes to where i could barely see through i was going to continue with the red one due to it having an engine block transmission intact and wiring through the car. now my other impala which i first had bought has no wiring through the but fewer holes and the inside doesnt look all rusted as much as the red one but on the roof there is a dent like if a tree or something hard fell ontop its not to bad but very noticable and my question with all these problems which would be the best one to fix up one came with ac and the gray one doesnt have ac. i was thinking that maybe ill go with the gray one but no wiring through it at all is a big downer along with the roof. if you have an opinion please let me know what you think sorry for the rambling just trying write everything down for some good feedback trying to upload pictures having trouble will try again later

#3 ·
You can not only swap out everything in the car (this includes the dash for the factory A/C) but you would normally remove all of these things to do a restoration anyway. The roof dent like any other dent can be pulled and relaxed with some localized heat to shrink the metal. You want to start with the car that has the fewest number of body panels that has to be replaced. The other becomes a parts car.

Big Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.