Impalas.net banner

W-Body Or 7th Gen Mufflers, Are They All The Same?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  aaradaa 
#1 ·
Hello, People, I'm new to the forum, And This is My 1st Post. Welcome To Myself!. :)
So, Let Me jump right into it. I'm looking to change out the Mufflers in My '05 Pala, Its getting too loud for My liking, I Can't even cruise around town without The Flowmasters Trying by Means To Deafen My Ears. Currently I have Dual Flowmaster in it. I'm trying to Re-Install the Stock Mufflers, But I Want To Retain the Duals, I Tried as Mush as much as I could to find an SS Impala To match My stock, but to no avail, I looked all around the junk yards in My area and Online, But no success. But I Found some duals in Several Pontiacs at the Junk Yard, I Would like to get them. So what do You Guys think about using A Pontiac GP Or GT Or GTP Or Buick Park Ave S/C Dual Mufflers in a 9C1 Chevy Impala?. I Wanna make sure it doesn't affects it Emission stuff. Since they are all in the W-Body Platform, I'm really hoping this would be breezy.

So, Please, Tell Me something that I need to know

Thanks.

#4 ·
I have to agree, to an extent, an 05 is like futuristic technology for me. BUT, if you have the means and will to cut and weld, measure the inlet/outlet size and location of the pipes on the donor cars along with the overall dimensions of the replacement mufflers compared to the existing ones. If it all looks to be the same size, go for it. Adapters are available at auto stores if you need to up/down size the pipes to muffler for fit.

This is basic backyard hotrodding...changing exhaust components..:yes: As long as the cats and any other emissions equipment is still intact before the split to the duals, the mufflers shouldn't be a concern.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.