#1 ·
i have a 1986 caprice with 454 big block

and i have big problem with headers ..

i cant fine headers fit in my car

and i read .... the 1974 caprice big block headers thay well fit

Because it the same ( it A body )

http://www.summitracing.com/int/part.../model/caprice

and this 1974 caprice headers ..

What do you think ... it well fit or no ?

And Thank you very much.

#2 ·
I had a BBC in a 1985 Impala and used headers off of a 1970 SS 454 Chevelle and they fit perfectly. I had to notch a bit off of the upper A-arm frame mount with a gas powered plasma cutter.

my 582 back from dyno pull:

I pulled the 850 and single plane high rise for a dual plane Edelbrock 4500 base intake manifold and a 1050 Dominator:

All fit under my flat hood and looked like a used Taxi.

Big Dave

#3 ·
Thank you very much for information
Because I was having a big problem with headers

(like your 582 so nice engine)

and i want upgrade my 454ci it (1984) and (it stock engine )

i want for street race and daily use

1- Edelbrock Performer RPM Air-Gap Intake Manifolds 7561

2- Holley Ultra Double Pumper Carburetors 0-76750BK >> (750 cfm)

3- Summit Racing® Fuel Pump And Regulator Pro Packs 03-0070
( http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/cmb-03-0070/overview/ )

and i want a nice cam .. they give a good power ..

i want your advise ..

and Thank you very much (Big Dave)

#4 ·
I do not understand why they are selling you a pressure regulator with a mechanical fuel pump for two reasons. First is a mechanical fuel pump is located under a meter from the carb inlet, and the pump out let. A pressure regulator is used with an electric fuel pump attached back at the sump in the back of your gas tank because fluid friction requires that we crank up the pressure to move the fluid to the front of the car against acceleration forces. The pressure regulator allows you to cut back on the pressure right at the carb inlet.

The second and even stranger association of a mechanical pump and a pressure regulator is the fact that the pressure in a mechanical pump is controlled by the spring that forces the gas out of the chamber it is temporarily held to be heated up. The pump sucks gas in from the tank on the up stroke (cam eccentric pressing down) at less than atmospheric pressure and is forced out by five to seven coil springs around the top of the diaphragm. Those springs are usually set for the maximum pressure of seven psi that a Holley will accept from the aftermarket and five psi for a stock pump with a stock carb.

The idea of overpowering the carb with pressure that requires a pressure regulator makes no sense other than greed.

Big Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.