1967 Impala trailing arm bushings - Impala Tech
Brakes & Suspension Conversion Questions & more

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

1967 Impala trailing arm bushings

I ordered new rubber bushings to replace the old ones in my '67 Impala. These were supposed to fit the lower rear trailing arms. Once I got the arms out, I noticed that the front bushing is smaller. The bushing I have will fit into the rear of the lower trailing arm, and by the looks of it, both front and rear of the upper trailing arms. But the front of the lower trailing arm uses a smaller bushing. Does anyone know which bushing will fit? The bushings I bought were MOOG K6075.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 08:40 AM

I was under the impression they were all the same size; but they do not shrink (well actually the rubber part shrinks but the steel shell that surrounds the bushing should still be in the same place). Are you mistaking the outer steel shell as being part of the bushing. The arm should be 'U' shaped with two holes and nothing along the lines of a steel sleeve connecting them.

Big Dave
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

The new rubber bushings I bought come with the steel sleeve, and the bushing and sleeve in the front is definitely smaller diameter, by about 1/2" or so.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 03:04 PM

They are definitely smaller. If you are using Moog, 570-1005 will work.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! I'm not sure why the front bushings were in such rough shape; it's the rear bushing that supports the weight of the car.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 04:26 PM

Others have experienced the same problem you're having. Maybe this recent thread from Impalass427.com will shed some light on the subject for you:

http://members5.boardhost.com/impala...247072882.html

Hope this helps.

Bigblox
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblox View Post
Others have experienced the same problem you're having. Maybe this recent thread from Impalass427.com will shed some light on the subject for you:

http://members5.boardhost.com/impala...247072882.html

Hope this helps.

Bigblox

Thanks for the link. I went back to the parts store (Auto Value chain) and they were able to track down some AC-Delco bushings, part # 45G11005 that will fit. 7-10 days to order them in, and about $30 CDN each.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Update:
I pulled the lower arms out of the '70 Biscayne cop car and they have the large bushing at the front instead of the small bushing. I'm not sure if the trailing arm was updated between '67-'70, or maybe the large bushing came with the rear swaybar option.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 08:33 AM

Re:1967 Impala trailing arm bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter View Post
I ordered new rubber energy suspension bushings to replace the old ones in my '67 Impala. These were supposed to fit the lower rear trailing arms. Once I got the arms out, I noticed that the front bushing is smaller. The bushing I have will fit into the rear of the lower trailing arm, and by the looks of it, both front and rear of the upper trailing arms. But the front of the lower trailing arm uses a smaller bushing. Does anyone know which bushing will fit? The bushings I bought were MOOG K6075.
I use the same 1967 Impala trailing arm bushings and it fits in mine. What car do you use?

Last edited by tiresmokindad; 06-07-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page