Upper control arm 1964 impala - Impala Tech
Brakes & Suspension Conversion Questions & more

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Upper control arm 1964 impala

Do you have to remove the fender and inner fender well to take off the upper control arm on a 64 impala?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 11:41 PM

I don't think so. Once you have the arm freed from the ball joint and unbolted from the frame, you could actually pull it up through the engine side of the fender well. I also think the opening is big enough to pull it out the other way.

I did mine with the fender well removed, but I was doing lots of stuff and it made sense to remove them, even though they are a pain to remove.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1964 Impala 4 door sedan

My Bloggy Thing: http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=2285
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Got the passenger side off but the damn driver side is giving me pr oblems im h itting the steering shaft ... how do i get it off are these bolts pressed in?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 03:46 PM

To remove the shaft, you have to loosen two clamp type bolts. The top one near the "U-joint".

The silver clamp and nut/bolt can be seen here

What the U-joint looks like with the clamp and shaft removed. Notice the cut out for the clamping bolt to pass through. If memory serves, there is a groove in the shaft to keep the shaft from slipping up or down. So the bolt must be removed entirely for the shaft to slide out.

There is another clamp style bolt below the rag joint, it has a spline style head and clamps the rag joint to the steering box. With those loose, you should be able to remove the steering shaft (remember the u-joint slides a bit

The steering box shaft has a similar groove, so remove the spline head bolt all the way as well.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1964 Impala 4 door sedan

My Bloggy Thing: http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=2285
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page