Will 15x8 Astro Supreme wheels fit? - Impala Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits?

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Will 15x8 Astro Supreme wheels fit?

I have 1965 Impala SS and was wondering if they would fit? Should I go thinner in the front and wider in the back or the same all around. Asking for everyone’s opinion thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 09:36 PM

The wheels will fit without hitting anything. Don't know about your tire choice.

Big and littles is a traditon in hot rodding going back to the fifies. I prefer all the same size wheels and tires for driving on the street (including your spare if you have a posi rear end, as driving with mis-matched tire diameters can burn a posi unit up).

Big Dave
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Thanks!! Do you have any suggestions or recommendations for tire size?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 10:10 AM

I don't guess what will fit or not, I measure.

I use this tool to measure how tall how wide a wheel tire combination will fit and buy that size the first time.

https://www.summitracing.com/oh/part...1201/overview/

Chevrolet made millions of B-body car every year but the owners of those cars have been modifying them ever since they bought them. You have no idea what you have unless you measure it.

Big Dave
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 12:39 PM

I like the look of the skinny front and wider rear. If I wasn't doing a convertible I would be tubing the rear and moving shocks to get a wider tire in the rear, but you can't tub a convertible so I will just shove as much tire as I can get in the wheel wells without rubbing.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadwolf View Post
I like the look of the skinny front and wider rear. If I wasn't doing a convertible I would be tubing the rear and moving shocks to get a wider tire in the rear, but you can't tub a convertible so I will just shove as much tire as I can get in the wheel wells without rubbing.
Did you get your rear wheels/tires yet? Curious what sizes you were able to fit? I'm getting ready to install new wheels/tires and am considering a bigger rear tire on my 67 Conv. looking at 295/45-18 on the rear.

Thanks!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ImpalaSSConv View Post
Did you get your rear wheels/tires yet? Curious what sizes you were able to fit? I'm getting ready to install new wheels/tires and am considering a bigger rear tire on my 67 Conv. looking at 295/45-18 on the rear.

Thanks!
I'm still rolling the car around the body shop on the original 14" steel rims. Tires and rims are the least of my concerns for a while.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadwolf View Post
I'm still rolling the car around the body shop on the original 14" steel rims. Tires and rims are the least of my concerns for a while.
Ok. Keep us updated. I'm interested how much tire you can shove in there without rubbing. I have a 67 convertible also and it needs bigger wheels/tires. Its got 14" gto wheels on it now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page