Wheel Configurator Pictures for 67 Impala - Impala Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits?

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Wheel Configurator Pictures for 67 Impala

I found an OK wheel configurator, it didn't' have a convertible but this is at least the same year and similar color.

I think I'm liking the the looks of the 18's over 17's (these pics are all 18's). Also seems to be a lot of options for 18" tires and they are about the same price as the 17's I've been looking at.

I'm starting to like the Foose or Vision Legends over the Torq thrust. The configurator didn't have the chrome version of the Torq Thrust in their selections though, so the picture is not right.

These are all very similar wheels though, with a few subtle differences it seems.

Just thought I'd share the pictures..

This last set are a few different styles that I think I'm ruling out..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 10:35 AM

How about a link to the Configurator?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sz0k30 View Post
How about a link to the Configurator?
That's actually a good idea

This one seems similar to the Jegs one but I don't like that Jegs doens't have at least something for a tire, so all you see if your wheel floating in your wheel well, it looks stupid.

This is a local tire place near me. I don't like them much so far, they won't respond to inquires and don't have pricing online. You probably have to walk in to get any service.

https://dinostire.com/wheel-configurator/

Oh and for measuring and verifying fit, I found this sizing link that seems good. If you measure your current tires and put in the clearances, it tells you how much closer you will end up to the wheel well and suspension,etc. Just helps me to visualize.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?whe...1.625in&sr=0in

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 11:27 AM

Post here what you end up picking, I want to do the same thing on my '67 also and it seems like we are thinking about the same style and size. How big can we go in the back?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebohn View Post
Post here what you end up picking, I want to do the same thing on my '67 also and it seems like we are thinking about the same style and size. How big can we go in the back?
I have seen some posts on this site with someone using 295/45-18 on rear which is a 28.5" diameter. They are 11.6" wide. On the front he used 275/40-18. Can't remember who that was.

Others have used up to 27.8" rear (275/50-17). My car has the adjustable air shocks on the rear so there is a little room for added tire I think. I plan to get some good measurements before I buy anything. Or take to a good shop that will have some demo wheels to try out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page