Impalas.net banner

four parts for a two door 66 impala

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Big Dave 
#1 ·
Will the chrome windshield trim and chrome fender trim (around the four wheel wells) from a 66 impala four door fit a 66 impala two door HT? What about seat belts and dash pad? Will they interchange? The four door is the parts car and the two door I own.

How do I remove the chrome windshield trim w/o damaging it? What's the secret?
How do I remove the impala lettering and circle impala emblem from the front fender w/o removing the fender and inner fender? Is there nuts on the back of the fender?

#2 ·
Windshield chrome will not interchange 2 door to 4 door unless its a 4 door sport sedan with out the center pillar between the two doors.
Wheel well trim will interchange.
Seat belts and dash will interchange.
There is a special tool made for removing windshield trim.
The lettering on the front fenders have nuts on the back side and would be very difficult to remove without loosening the bottom of the fenders.
And welcome.

#3 ·
I second getting the tool for removing trim. It cost me only few bucks and my trim was out in few minutes. Basically you need to slide the tool under the trim and follow the trim until you find a clip. Then you just wiggle the tool a bit to unlock the trim from the clip.

#4 ·
Welcome to the Team Dan!

A Fisher Body Manual for your car costs about $20 bucks as a reproduction (scanned copy) on CD. It was a book that told the body shop automotive techs how to repair collision damage (R&R sheet metal along with all of the trim).

You can also buy a Service Manual that explained to the fleet line mechanics how to R&R the most commonly worn parts of the car and how to overhaul the motor tranny and rear end. A CD of that book is also about $20 bucks.

There is also a Chassis repair manual used by the frame shop to straighten out the car and has all of the dimensions and explains how to align the front end with just a tape measure (that is how it was done on the assembly line).

Speaking of the assembly line you can also find a CD that has a copy of the Assembly Manual that told the line worker where every part went and how to install it on the car (great if you bought a jig-saw puzzel of loose parts in cartons all over the place).

There is an Illustrated Parts Manual as well, but it costs more than $20 bucks (closer to $75), and the part numbers don't do you much good since they have changed over time, or have become extinct. It does help identify what you have, and tells what it is used for though.

Big Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.