Impalas.net banner

Under dash A/C units.

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  camware 
#1 ·
Anyone have experience with these? I’ve been thinking about adding A/C to my 66 Biscayne while doing the 6.0 swap but can’t find reviews of them in our cars. I’ve been looking at Vintage Air’s slimline unit. Everyone seems to love their standard kits so I figured this would be good also. Can anyone give reviews of these? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I have a Vintage Air Magnum under my dash. It fits without issue and works well. I was not happy with the provided control knobs and upgraded to the tapered aluminum ones. The provided knobs have pointers in the wrong place. A small complaint but it's a detail that irritated me.
On a big car like an Impala, I wouldn't try to get by with a smaller unit. The Magnum kit takes up less space than the OE.
I'd also recommend not keeping and adapting the OE controls. Just rip out everything including the 50+ year old vacuum controls.

#4 ·
I have a Vintage Air Magnum under my dash. It fits without issue and works well. I was not happy with the provided control knobs and upgraded to the tapered aluminum ones. The provided knobs have pointers in the wrong place. A small complaint but it's a detail that irritated me.

On a big car like an Impala, I wouldn't try to get by with a smaller unit. The Magnum kit takes up less space than the OE.

I'd also recommend not keeping and adapting the OE controls. Just rip out everything including the 50+ year old vacuum controls.

I looked into the Magnum system you have and it’s not quite what I was looking at doing. I’m wanting the self contained unit that attaches under the dash like the one in the pic I attached. I may be looking at it wrong but it looks like yours is more the standard A/C style where you have to cut holes for vents where the factory air cars already have vents. Is this correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.