Fuse always blown up if I turn on the light!?
I have a problem.
Until yesterday everything worked correctly in my Impala Coupe 1966.
Then I parked the car. One hour later I wanted to turn on the light.
Everytime I put in a new fuse, the fuse blowes up again. I looked at the fuse, it is the correct 20A fuse which worked perfect the last time. 20A also stands on the fuse box.
If i put in a new fuse it works:
- the dome lights work all (if I open the door and also if i put the light switch to left for only interieur light).
- the brake light is ok, if i put the brake, the lights are on
- my flasher lights are ok, also if the fuse is blown up (so they are not on the same fuse)
- I have no radio installed
- if I put the light switch on complete, the headlight works (not the parking light) and the bright light works without problems
Where is my problem. I can drive if is is not dark. Then everything works without the tail lights and the parking light in the front and if it is not dark I don't need them.
But if it is dark I can't turn on the switch for the headlights, then my fuse blows up and I have no interieur light, no tail lights and no brake light.
I can't find any damaged wire. Is it possible that my switch is not ok or is there any other frequent problem?
Thanks a lot.