Soapbox gripe - Impala Tech
General Tech For best results use forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
BA.

Soapbox gripe

What the hell is it with Customer Service these days?!?!? Every time I turn around I'm running into these little situations where it seems like it's an AFTERTHOUGHT.

Not *absolutely* related, but what got me wondering is that I just tried to call Paddock Parts related to my standing order for rear door panels.

I called the 800 number and their direct standard number and both give a message saying they are CLOSED AT THIS TIME. wth?
The website and my invoice say Monday through Fri 9 AM to 5 PM.
As a business, that's just pitiful! May have to go elsewhere.

Also just got of the phone with another vendor, Street Beat Customs, and they can't seem to generate a simple RMA number for the crappy rotors they sent me. They only EMAIL with a 3rd company to get the RMA, and after almost 2 weeks, they can't get an email response from that other company, so I'm left hanging.
I basically told them, after my 3rd call, that this is absolutely unacceptable, I'm shocked they can't pick up a GD phone and that at the 30 day mark I'm just gonna report it through Mastercard to get my money back.

<off soapbox>

NO WAIT! <back on soapbox>

Let me also mention that the local repair shop that works on all kinds of pumps, jacks, air compressors, motors, tools, etc. HAS HAD MY $200 JACK FOR OVER 2.5 MONTHS NOW. it's a "simple" hydraulic jack that needed new seals, but I guess they can only order the whole pump thing, from some guy in the middle of Asia, and he has no phone or internet, and he sent the wrong replacement the first time. The annoying thing is that the shop has never made a single update to me, it's always me calling them after 3 weeks of 'nothing'.

<jumping off soapbox and kicking it for good measure>

HOW A NOVICE REBUILDS A 66 IMPALA CONVERTIBLE:
http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=1432
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 01:18 PM

Ha I can relate BA- some days it pours when it rains. In this day and age it is foolish to be complacent with customer service. If it's any consolation, Paddock has always been good to work with when I've dealt with them. It's possible they may have cut back on staff due to budget issues. I ordered some of the nicer cloth sail panels for my Caprice and they came as only black cardboard and were bent up on delivery. Paddock told me to keep them and they immediately sent the correct ones free of charge.

Hey BTW, saw you posting over at Team Camaro. My handle over there is "Blown 67". I joined up a couple of months ago.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 01:24 PM

Hmmm

Wow I just trying calling Paddock Parts from Chicago and got the same message.

I see there is another member here saying the same thing on April 29th.

http://www.impalas.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3584

I wonder what's up?

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 06:04 PM

Hay BA, I just had my vintage, antique Walker hydraulic jack that I bought new in 1971 ,overhauled at Richmond Hydraulic in Richmond Ind. Took about 3 weeks for them to find parts and overhaul it ,but it works like new now. They tried to sell me a new China jack for the same price as my overhauled USA made Walker , but I insisted on fixing my old jack.

http://www.impalas.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=521&dateline=14693626  69
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 11:13 PM

Hey Allen,
I TRIED to order parts from The Paddock over two years ago....Now I don't like bashing a company but after going down my list and hearing "we have to order that" ... "That's on backorder" ..."We'll have that at a later date"...I just started using Modern Chevrolet in Winston-Salem,NC. I have NEVER had a problem with them. At a few cruise nights and car shows I heard that other people said the same thing about The Paddock. And in fact,one guy said they billed his credit card, and he was waiting for over a year for his order. When he called them they said they never had an order!!!! There's another,The Parts Place within driving distance of my house I won't use anymore. THEY know EVERYTHING...YOUR an IDIOT when you talk to them. I was told a piece didn't exist, the one guy there said he "Worked for GM for Thirty years AND GM NEVER made that part". When I went back with the part, they said WOW never seen one. OK what happened to NEVER made it ??? They want to sell the crap THEY get from SE Asia. OK I'm done!!!
Gary
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 05:15 AM

I have heard that the Paddock co. had filed bankruptcy on another web site.

http://www.impalas.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=521&dateline=14693626  69
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
BA.

yup, not hearing anything positive at Pro-Touring.com either.

I guess I'll stop waiting to get those back-order items. I better double-check my last payment to be sure they didn't bill me for them!

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 11:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to medisalle
Wow. I think this is a very worthy subject, BA - and considering that most of us spend gobs of money at one vendor or another, we SHOULD talk among us about problems we may be encountering with specific vendors. We could end up saving the next guy a lot of money, and/or headaches.

I deal with this problem every day in my line of work. There's a HUGE general lack of "Customer Service" in this Country, period. It's an epidemic. This in no way should make the excuse to accept lackluster service! I know that not everyone can, but I've always said that I'd gladly pay 10% MORE for something if it comes with decent service rather than dealing with a dolt at some discount house. And I know this can't always be the case. But thanks for bringing this up, anyway - it's a humongous problem that everyone deals with at one time or another.

Bad businesses go out of business for a reason - and more times than not, it's due to crappy service. I for one never tolerate it.

You'd think they would still teach this crap in school .. (rolling eyes).

'63 Impala Sedan
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBDropTop View Post
There's another,The Parts Place within driving distance of my house I won't use anymore. THEY know EVERYTHING...YOUR an IDIOT when you talk to them. I was told a piece didn't exist, the one guy there said he "Worked for GM for Thirty years AND GM NEVER made that part". When I went back with the part, they said WOW never seen one. OK what happened to NEVER made it ??? They want to sell the crap THEY get from SE Asia. OK I'm done!!!
Gary
Amen to that Gary. Have had numerous similar problems with them. And they're never nice at all, even when you are buying a bunch of stuff from them. They are on my 'never again' list. That list is starting to get somewhat long.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
BA.

I forgot to mention another recently great blunder for my list above. I've been inundated I tell ya!!!

I had to make about 5-6 phone calls, and about 6 emails over a period of a Month or so just to get PUI to deliver me a 66 Impala vinyl rear seat cover set.
I mean,...we're talking about resending mail because they couldn't find my original with pictures,....escalating to managers,....them sending the WRONG part a second time,....it was effing ridiculous.
Check out one of the pics I sent them,....how OBVIOUS is it that the stitching is wrong?!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Impala PUI interior difference.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	998  

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 06:03 PM

Hey Allen,
The stitching looks OK.....It appears THEY can't measure !!!! I supposed it's too late to use a different supplier??? Several years ago I purchased covers from Ciddella's in Phoenix,AZ. Perfect match.
Gary
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBDropTop View Post
Hey Allen,
The stitching looks OK.....It appears THEY can't measure !!!! I supposed it's too late to use a different supplier??? Several years ago I purchased covers from Ciddella's in Phoenix,AZ. Perfect match.
Gary
Cidellas has excellent interiors, I got my 61 interior from them and that has to be THE MOST beautiful interior I've ever seen, I dont think they are around anymore are they, I hear that Car's pretty much bought them out or something??
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 12:55 PM

www.ciadellainteriors.com
but the only make interiors up to 1964.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 02:14 PM

With all this negative i have a positive... I had a problem when i tried to pick up some front rotors for my 70 at O'Reilly auto parts. At the time i didn't know about the 69-70 front rotors, and the guy couldn't find them on the computer. He guaranteed that the 71's would fit my 70, and they tossed my old ones.

Few days later when i went to put them on they didn't fit. I went back to the store after i discovered i was screwed and the replacement rotors were going to be about $500 since the hub off the old rotors were trashed. The manager took full responsibility and with in one hour ordered me a set off yearone.com for a total of $440.00 free of charge to me... all i had to do was wait a week. Needless to say i go to that one store for everything now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page