Impalas.net banner

1964 Impala Torque specs.

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Deadwolf 
#1 ·
I have a 64 Impala convertible and I'm installing new rear control arms (all three).. so I'm needing the Torque specs on them can anyone tell me what the torque specs are or where to find them. Thanks

#4 ·
All torque specs, fluid capacities 9such as radiator, rear end or tranny) as well as even a few circuit diagrams as well as any bolted to the frame r&R info is published in the Chassis service manual.

Do not tighten them all the way until the weight of the car is back on the suspension or they will bind.

Big Dave

#6 ·
wher can I find a Chassis service manual for a 1964 Impala, I have a supplement manual it does not have any torque specs, thanks
You need the 1960 Shop manual with the 1964 Shop manual supplement. All the basics are in the 1960 with changes outlined in the 1964 supplement. Classic industries sells them as well as lots of other venders on E-bay and everywhere else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.