My Impala Headlight Is Fogged.. Need Advice. - Impala Tech
General Tech For best results use forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

My Impala Headlight Is Fogged.. Need Advice.

Hey everyone.

I hope I've posted this in the correct forum section. If not, please forgive me. I couldn't find the troubleshooting/problems section.

Anyways, I own a 05 Chevy Impala, of which the headlight (driver side) has gotten foggy. It's certainly not as transparent as the passenger side light. At first I wasn't sure why one was foggy and the other wasn't, but then I took a closer look at the foggy light and noticed a small crack on the outside casing. I believe this crack has allowed moisture to enter the light. I've heard of people restoring their headlights with special DIY kits, but I've decided to take the route of simply replacing the light with an aftermarket light from an online store. I found two sites that I particularly liked, but I'm unsure of whether or not they are legitimate businesses. Furthermore, I don't want to fall prey to a scam. Has anyone purchased from either of these sites and can verify that they are a legitimate business? The following parts match the oem number of the one I need. Thanks in advance.

http://www.autolightcenter.com/chevr...s.html#MTIyMTc
or
http://www.partsultimate.com/product/186314
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 08:17 PM
BA.

I'm not familiar with them, but of course that doesn't mean they are not legit.

If you want, you could try www.car-part.com. It's a network of auto salvage yards.

HOW A NOVICE REBUILDS A 66 IMPALA CONVERTIBLE:
http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=1432
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 08:52 PM

I had one of my original T3 low beams fog up. Local Autozone had a regular replacement that will do untill I find another good T3.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 09:55 PM

I own a 10' Impala and a 03' there are so many of these car's in the salvage yard's that you can pick up a GM assembly for less. The local pick-a-part usually sels them for around $50 max. with a warranty. Might be a good option there and no worries about the aftermarket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page