Impala Tech - View Single Post - Motor Running.....
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
unda_da_bonet

Thanks BA,

I originally had no plans of ever getting this far with it and I wouldn't reccommend any body doing this as most of it is pot metal and very easily broken and if you look at most of the reconditioned ones for sale they have alot of the little tabs broken that hold it together. Managed to get mine apart with out breaking any.........

As for your sugestion to add alittle to the white shaft of the switch is a good idea in theory but when I got tbe switch out I was supprised at the amount of tension the spring inside has and it places more emphasis on the need for the plastic slide to be able to hold the lever closed at that end of the control.

Maybe the idea I had to remote mount the switch and have it work with a seperate lever mounted under the dash might work, not original I know but I don't have 998 point car either.........

I have been scouring the web for replacement slides and didn't realise that the slides aren't available from all the major parts suppliers (Classic Ind, Ecklers etc) but did find on Bob's Impalas they have replacements for a Chevelle 64-69 years and they look exactly the same (see link) so are looking at getting a set to see if they will do the job and at $20 bucks US its a small price to loose of they don't work.

https://www.bobschevelleparts.com/19...el-camino.html

Other than that its back to the drawing board.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slides 2a.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	22314  

Last edited by unda_da_bonet; 05-05-2019 at 11:21 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome