Impalas.net banner

windshield and rear window

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Brooksey 
#1 ·
Hello friends
If I need windshield and rear window glass for my 1960 bel air what suppliers are available and have a good reputation? Thank you

#3 ·
The Windshield should be available from any of the vendors. The Back Glass may not be re-produced. Ask when calling about the Windshield. Also check your local Auto Glass Shop. The expense with Windshields many times is the shipping cost. A local shop may not charge one.

#5 ·
I don't remember a guarantee but maybe there was one?
I do remember that we didn't have a drop of rain for over 30 days after that replacement so I did assume the worst.
I have a history of bad luck in that regard.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
If your 60 is a long roof, I have a rear window for it up here in Michigan.

#11 ·
I have discovered after breaking a few that it is much cheaper and a whole lot easier calling your local glass company and having them remove and replace the glass. They can also take it away to polish it up like new, to remove the micro scratches that leaves a haze in the glass. This way you retain the date codes in the glass if that is important to you, and you won't be responsible if it breaks.

Big Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.