Impalas.net banner

New car 1965 Impala SS 396 air car, whats it worth

6K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  fast65ss 
#1 ·
I have a 1965 Impala SS 396 Numbers matching factory air car. It is a 2 door, red with black interior, in mint condition. What is it worth? I plan on keeping it, should I leave it stock or put wheels, etc on it??

#3 ·
I have seen these cars go as little as $5,000.00 to $60,000.00 just depends what condition it is in.
As for wheels you can change them just make sure you keep the originals don't do any mod's you would have to cut anything.

#5 ·
"Mint Condition" could still be anywhere from $15,000 to......who knows.... $40,000. It has the right desireable things going for it, that's a real good thing. (big block, air, 65 model, red/black)

I assume it's "just" a 396/325hp version. I'm not sure if they did 350hp versions or not.
Prices really are all over the place.

you could see what they say at www.manheimgold.com.

#7 ·
Two 396's available in 65. The 325 h.p. and the extremely rare 425 h.p. version.
If it is truly "mint" (an often overused and misused term) being a number two or three car, one being a museum piece, I'd say between 15,000 and 25,000. Maybe get an insurance appraisal so if something happens you won't get screwed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.