Impalas.net banner

Bucket Seat Mounts

4K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  68imp 
#1 ·
I am considering purchasing these seat mount brackets that are welded to the floors on my 68'.
What I have noticed is that the rear part of the track sit's/welds directly to the floor. After mocking up just the seat tracks and leveling out the vehicle; the seat tracks still lean inward. To get these trtacks leveled the rear inner track will have to be raised to 1" and the front inner track to 1 1/2".
The pics. of the factory seat mounts is a stamped piece that appears to be raised off the floorboards.
My question is can anyone respond with a factory set up to post their height's of the inner track mounts? Or know an outlet that repro's these pieces? Yeah I know all about the rarity of 68/69 parts :yes:. Fabbing brackets is not out of the question either if I can get some measurements. Thanks All.

#2 ·
So you have some brackets already, or no? I have a pair of the factory brackets that came with the buckets I bought. They only mount to one corner of the seat... so there's supposed to be another set of brackets? I can take pics and get measurements of anything if you want.

#6 ·
Sorry for being unclear; sounded right in my head :clonk:. Yes it is one bracket per side that's welded to accept the inner seat track. What I ment to say is the height of the aftermarket bracket was too low from being level because the rear mounting stud was at floor level.

#9 ·
I'll be glad to get more pictures, but I'm not sure what measurement you're wanting. It doesn't help that I don't even know how these mount in the car yet. I'm guessing the taller portion of the mount points toward the front of the car. Maybe I should go look, lol.

#10 ·
Those mount's fit along the contours of the floor, you will see what I mean when you get to it. Pretty simple.
The measurment I need is the height of the lower end. Just like in the 4th pic. of the taller end with the tape measure but on the lower side. Looks to be around 1/2"-3/4".
And yes the higher end is the front side and the lower is the back, of course. And they are only welded from the factory in the spots on your plates and are side specific.
Thanks alot Andy,sorry for any confusion.

#11 ·
The last pic is pretty accurate, it looks like the bracket only raises the rear of the seat off the floor about 3/8 inch. If the bracket is sitting with the top (flat area) level, the front mount is about 3/4 inch higher than the rear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.