2000-2004 Impala Police Interceptor - Impala Tech
Performance Our High Performance Area

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-17-2007, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation 2000-2004 Impala Police Interceptor

i'm lookin to purchase a 2000-2004 Impala Police Interceptor and i've found about four for about $5,500 or less. most of them in great condition (based on pics), can anyone tell me if there are any common issues with those cars? what's the best engine package available? and do those prices sound fishy? i test drove a 2002 that had about 150k miles on it, and it was a beast, the only thing i was concerned about was a little jerking from the transmission when i shifted from P ro R or to D. do they all do that with the police interceptor package? also do they all come with performance chips? any info or comments from an owner would be great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 08:22 PM

Cool

Actually sounds way too high. Most car auctions for a straight police cruiser go in the $1200 to $2400 depending upon mileage (they are usually bough up by people wishing to wring out a few more miles from them once they are repainted as a cab). Might be worth your while to visit central Florida while on vacation and drive one home. I have purchased three 1977-1990 series 9C1 cars within two years of their being made for less than $1500 and I am still driving both (one was hit in the rear and was a parts car for another that had a blown motor).

Big Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page