Impalas.net banner

what interchanges between a 61 Buick LeSabre?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Big Dave 
#1 ·
I have a 61 Buick LeSabre convertible, also a Chevelle. So yea I'm a GM guy mainly except for 93 Dodge Cummins. I've been looking for door panels, and seat covers. I know the kick panels, and carpet are the same. Probably windshield, and maybe a few other items. Every supplier I ask say the door panels and seat covers won't fit. Have any of you guys tried to use a 61 Buick Lesabre convertible front seat before, or know why Impala door panels won't work for me?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Buick was an upscale B-body, positioned just under the Cadillac on price point (it was called the Doctor's car back when doctors made house calls). It has carpeted kick panels at the bottom of the door panel and a full arm rest instead of just a padded handle along with chrome trim on the door panel all things missing from an Impala door panel. Dimensionally they interchange, but you would have to change out the entire interior for it to "match" the rest of the car. Buick had different materials with different patterns.

I upgraded my Impala by swapping out the entire interior out of a Buick Electra 225 into my car that had 230,000 miles on it. My seat was broken, ripped and stained black along with the steering column being cracked from the sun and grease stained, and the carpets looked like a heard of elephants had used it as a lavatory prior to the change; as it was my daily driver, and was covered in greasy stains from my walking around the shop prior to going home at night.

Big Dave

#3 ·
I upgraded my Impala by swapping out the entire interior out of a Buick Electra 225 into my car that had 230,000 miles on it. My seat was broken, ripped and stained black along with the steering column being cracked from the sun and grease stained, and the carpets looked like a heard of elephants had used it as a lavatory prior to the change; as it was my daily driver, and was covered in greasy stains from my walking around the shop prior to going home at night.

Big Dave
Got any pictures ?id love to see this swap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.