Impalas.net banner

67 convertible back seat & a couple other parts

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Deadwolf 
#1 ·
67 convertible back seat & a couple other parts

Need a few parts for the 67 Impala SS project.

Having a hard time finding a back seat.

Anybody know which other years/cars might fit? Or is there an aftermarket seat that might work well?

And we need the long plastic gauge lens but I can't find that anywhere used or aftermarket.

Need the interior trim for the windshield that is rusted.

Any ideas? I've searched online and not found these things yet.

few pics of the project below.

Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a 68 convertible (very similar) and I can tell you that anything having to do with the instrument cluster is going to be either 1) insanely expensive on eBay or 2) not reproduced. Check out Dakota Digital. All you would need is the bezel that goes around the instrument cluster and the ability to wire it up. They are a little pricey, but I know they make one for a 67. On my list of things to do this winter.

The rear seat spring assembly should be available. Try Year One. Would just have to have it upholstered. As for the other things you're looking for, check out Desert Valley scrap. They pick and ship stuff off of their huge inventory of rust-free Arizona cars. About your best bet. Welcome to the world of oddball year impalas. They can be frustrating, expensive cars to restore, but I wouldn't trade mine for anything else on the road.

#3 ·
Cool thanks! I will check those places. Yeah I have found there are a few parts that are oddball and are very expensive. The dash in ours is in great shape other than the plastic. And I think they used this dash in multiple years and models. I’m just not sure which ones yet.

#4 ·
For the rear seat you may need to find a convertible rear seat as I know on the 63 model the rear seat is slightly more narrow as they had to make room for the convertible top actuators. If you find a shop that specializes in custom interiors they should be able to make you a complete replacement rear seat that will be way more comfortable than the original.

The convertible top windshield header should be the same for all the cars that share the same convertible top frame. That means all GM B-body convertibles of your year and possibly a year or two newer or older.

The lens looks like it is clear with a hole drilled for maybe a clock. It looks like it is flat also. I might take it to a shop the does acrylic work and see if they can make you one out of acrylic. Might get a discount if you do a small batch in which case you could consider reselling the others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.