Impalas.net banner

What seats will interchange with a 69

5K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  W Hendrix 
#1 ·
Hello,
Does anyone know what seats will interchange with a 69 Impala? I recently bought a 69 Custom coupe & unfortunately all the original seats front & back are missing. I have been watching craigs list for donor seats but haven't ran across anything yet. I am guessing maybe a delta 88 or maybe a Bonneville, may be close???
Thank you in advance,
Nick

#2 ·
You are on the right track. Just bear in mind that the fine Corinthian leather seat coverings out of a Cadillac or Buick were never offered in a Chevy that had Good Cloth seat coverings according to Tricky Dick (or as I referred to him back then as; Good King Richard). So you will need Chevy seat covers for the upholstery (unless you like comfort). Also many high end cars had power seats. Your car's wiring isn't set up for that kind of load in the car's cabin and will have to be spliced in as a self powered auxiliary circuit.

Big Dave

#11 ·
hmmmm, my 39th Hollander doesn't cover front seats past 1966, but ALL seats for ALL models in 65-66 are ALL different

however, that being said, the seat TRACKS are listed.

1969manualbucketdriver596
passenger597
1968manualbucket4way driver596
4way psgr595
596Buick 68-70 (excluding Riviera)597Buick 69-70 (excluding Riviera)
Olds 68-70Olds 69-70
Pontiac 68-70Pontiac 69-70

rear bumper is '69 only and Impala/Caprice only. you can use a '69 BelAir/Biscayne bumper but they have 2 less lights

rear quarters are also '69 only, and you didn't specify HT, conv, 2dr, 4dr which are all different

as for available parts cars.....the search below found only 3 nation wide

#13 ·

about 4" thick and full of small print. numbers in the right column are the reference you look up to see what other vehicles are listed with that number. you can find them on eBay and other places, absolutely worth the money. it won't tell you "take this other part and modify it and it will work", it tells you what other vehicles came from the factory with that part so you get pointed in the right direction.

Wood Publication Book Font Hardwood

Font Material property Book Paper Document

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.