Its been a while since I last posted anything. I have stopped working on the window motors since the engine was installed. I'm eager to get this thing fired up. It looks so cool all clean and shiny sitting in the car.
So without further ado, Here we GO!
The carb has been put on, The distributor is put back in and the transmission cooling lines have been connected.
I have put the power steering pump on with a new cap that now seals when its on. The pressure hose I had gotten was 6" too long and wouldn't fit into the hose bracket. So I had to have it cut down and have a new end put on. The alternator upper mount had always been behind the alternator bracket. This didn't line up too well in the past. So I went on line and did some picture searching. I found out that the bolt comes in from the back side of the bracket into the upper mount.
Looking in the assembly book I found that the oil pressure line had 2 full turns on the tubing for flexing I guess. So I put 2 turns in the tubing.
After I had it all measured out, I cleared the tubing to keep if from tarnishing so it maintained that fresh factory look. I cleared the bonding wires as well.
Then I moved on to something that I feel is necessary and was used with the Holley carbs. A hard line vacuum tubing for the distributor. I had a tubing holder left over from my Nova build. This is a 3/16" brake line that I had bent to fit. I left it about 4" short from the dizzy so you can adjust it without having to move the tubing.
I have the engine wiring harness installed, along with the cap, rotor and new period correct OEM plug wires.
The S-I-L hated the Belken 8mm blue/purple plug wires.
A down low shot.
You may notice that the alternator belt is missing, For some reason the new belt that I crossed to wouldn't fit. So I'm now on my third attempt to get the correct belt. It's all good, thou, NAPA has the belt I need. The only reason this has been a pain is the car was modified for an internal voltage regulator vice the external one. The alternator is longer and it hits the valve cover when its pushed inwards. So the standard belt isn't long enough.
I just received the window switch connector from Hubbards today and I'm hoping that American Auto Wire is able to ship out the motor adapters this week.
I'm toying with the idea of using a corvette 375 hp accelerator return spring and mount. This would require me to weld a small tab onto the accelerator rod, no big deal.
I have an idea on how to mount the kick down switch and it would require me to use the corvette spring, because the switch needs to be in front of the throttle lever to activate the switch and the current spring will be in the way.
Until next time...