Impalas.net banner

El Here, The 65 impala

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  nowhereman 
#1 · (Edited)
Meet project "El Jefe." An age old lowrider now in the autumn years of her existence. It is time give her a new beginning. Inside, outside, mechanically, and cosmetically. Here she rests on a cart liberated from her chassis. This is where it begins!!

See less See more
#6 ·
Hope to get mine to that stage by November, but the strip, bag and tag process can be slow. How did you brace the shell when removing it from the frame?

#7 ·
Only reason I became a moderator was to be able to edit my spleling errors, that have only grown worse with age as I hit keys two to three over from where I am aiming. After about five minutes after you hit send you loose the ability to edit your posts as a member.

Big Dave

#9 ·
On a mission, the trunk floor became the agenda. So the caulk was stripped away revealing several hundred spot welds. Now was the time to break out the drill, and the the air chisel. Soon the trunk floor drop away from the body. A new floor was readied by punching holes for future welds. Now I slid the new panel up in place, securing it with clamps and screws until it was time to weld.

#11 ·
Nice progress! Your original trunk pan didn't look that bad to begin with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.