Impalas.net banner

1966 radiator core support bushings

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  craig32 
#1 ·
While I am replacing my Frame bushings I thought I would also replace my radiator core support bushings.

They are $50!!!

Anyone have another alternative?

It seems as every retailer sells the SoffSeal 2407 in one pn or another for close to $50.

It's 2 rubber bushings and some bolts....
I don't get it...

They go here:

And the assembly bushing is about 1 3/16" wide.

See less See more
#2 ·
I wouldn't personally skimp on a $50 part. What is that in the grand scheme of the restoration/ restomod of your car?

Is the price a little high? Yes. Should those be included with the rest of the bushings? Yes.

I bought them too. Remember that your fenders are also attached to the core support and putting something in there that is different could affect alignment.

#3 ·
The reason the part is $50 bucks is because Soft Seal has a monopoly. Every other manufacture has been driven out of business by Wal Mart shoppers that want the cheapest part, not the best part or even a good part but one purchased solely based upon price.

Moog and Firestone Rubber used to make the part but stopped because they have to pay a living wage and comply with safety and environmental issues as a US manufacturer. If China, or India or Malaysia or Pakistan hasn't made your part yet complain to Xi Jinping (China), Pranab Mukherjee (India), Imran Ahmed Khan Niazi (Pakistan), or Perdana Menteri (Malaysia) would love to make another part for export to America. As far as that goes all of the Stans in the east are looking to take away American jobs

Big Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.