1968 427 impala 4 speed whats it worth? how many? - Impala Tech
Restoration Corner Aimed at Originality

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

1968 427 impala 4 speed whats it worth? how many?

can anyone tell me how much a 1968 impala (not ss) 427 L36 385 hp (IH), m21 4 speed, bench seat, posi rear (3:55) ,all original numbers matching ,window sticker, f40 suspension, tach (special instruments pkg) fastback in tripoli turquise would be worth. I cant seem to find one for sale anywhere for comparison. Hagertys price guide does not even list a 68 427 impala. they list a biscayne,and caprice but not the impala i found a red one from an estate sale from a private collection but it was listed as sold no price to compare. Any help would be appreciated

thanks--- mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 11:43 PM

All I know is that they only made 1774 SS427 Z03's. I'm confident that if the vehicle is truly untouched and in decent condition it will probably bring north of 20K. But its really what someone is willing to pay for it vs. whats it worth.
In any case it's worth holding on to it and if you need to sell it; sell it whole and only part it out if you don't get what you want.
I would love to have it because I'm cloning what you have but in a convertable but I know I don't have the scratch for it. A great score though!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 07:57 AM

Closest I found thus far but originally a 396 now a 454, will keep looking as time allows;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...#ht_717wt_1064

Paul

Paul

1966 Impala SS

Please Visit our new site:
http://www.winvoices.com/
1959 through 1988* window stickers, car shippers, dealer invoices, retail sales orders and tank stickers, expertly reproduced, for most Chevrolet Models.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 09:50 AM

Although not an expert by any stretch, IF you can prove up the numbers and paperwork it would be a good find. My understanding is that there are no identifiers on the cowl tags, Issues with fuel lines etc give the clues, but the paper is the key

Check with these guys if you can get a response

http://www.impalass427.com/

Be careful if it is real and someone will buy it out from under you.

Good Luck
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 05:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68imp View Post
All I know is that they only made 1774 SS427 Z03's. I'm confident that if the vehicle is truly untouched and in decent condition it will probably bring north of 20K. But its really what someone is willing to pay for it vs. whats it worth.
In any case it's worth holding on to it and if you need to sell it; sell it whole and only part it out if you don't get what you want.
I would love to have it because I'm cloning what you have but in a convertable but I know I don't have the scratch for it. A great score though!
thanks for the info 68imp. there is sooo much info on the 68 SS427 but nothing on the plain jane. if i can help you with any info on your clone let me know. i can send you some pictures of the car,engine bay, interior etc.
thanks----mike
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 05:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967 L35 View Post
Although not an expert by any stretch, IF you can prove up the numbers and paperwork it would be a good find. My understanding is that there are no identifiers on the cowl tags, Issues with fuel lines etc give the clues, but the paper is the key

Check with these guys if you can get a response

http://www.impalass427.com/

Be careful if it is real and someone will buy it out from under you.

Good Luck
hello 1967 L35, thanks for the info. soo far the numbers are matching engine id vin stamped on the block original window sticker car is in great shape the interior is perfect with the exception of a small tear in the drivers seat. paint is checked and faded and a rear window leak that was fixed and primed around the glass. this leak caused a small hole in the right side of the trunk. speaking of the trunk , i found the original 1968 ny plates with a 6-68 regi sticker on the bottom rt side of the plate,original radio, original hub caps spare tire and jack and the posi sticker and jacking instructions all there. checked for the build sheet in the usual places so far no good. built in jainsville WI. not under seat or the rear side panels. any ideas where to look next? under the front seat? under the gas tank? thanks for any help-----mike
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 08:13 AM

I'd love a copy of the original window sticker if you don't mind in color please.

Paul

[email protected]

Paul

1966 Impala SS

Please Visit our new site:
http://www.winvoices.com/
1959 through 1988* window stickers, car shippers, dealer invoices, retail sales orders and tank stickers, expertly reproduced, for most Chevrolet Models.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page