67 Impala SS convertible questions. - Impala Tech
Convertibles Convertible Q&A's

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2013, 02:45 AM Thread Starter

67 Impala SS convertible questions.

1. Can someone out there take a picture of their 67 convertible internal mirror bracket and send it to me? The 'correct' one I ordered doesn't seem to fit and I'm wondering if it's the part or something the previous owner did to my car.

2. Does anyone know the correct spacing and offset I should look for in a 15x8 and 15x7 rim?

3. Were all '67 ss convertibles motorized tops or was that an option.

4. I need to replace the bucket seat-rails, and I'm not sure how to find that part online, what's the correct part name?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2013, 12:16 PM

I'm thinking you might have to scavenge seat rails from a junk yard for your 67. I have a 64 ss and believe they just started doing reproductions last year and sell them through classic industries. This seems to be all they offer:

http://www.classicindustries.com/search?q=Seat%20rails

Btw I noticed you are in LA... If you want to do a meetup sometime that might be cool. I'm just getting mine on the road and since this is my first classic I've always got lots of questions. I'm in mid Los Angeles.

I am rocking 15x7 front 15x8 rears but they were on when I got the car, so not sure what the spacing is and not sure how to measure it (plus 64 may differ from 67???).

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-19-2013, 02:04 PM

1. Here are pictures of the bracket:
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0039[1].jpg
Views:	119
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	3881 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0040[1].jpg
Views:	134
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	3889

2. I'm running 15x8 (backspace: 4") on the rear --> stock Corvette rallies and 15x7 (backspace: 4.25") on the front --> stock Monte Carlo rallies. No clearance issues. These are factory rims, not aftermarket.

3. I'm 99% sure the power top was standard for 1967 Impala/Impala SS convertibles. The brochure does not say one way or the other and there is no RPO for the option. I'm saying "Yes" to the standard power top.

4. Hmmm. You might have to buy the whole seat. Check here:http://car-part.com/ or here: http://www.allamericanclassics.com/ .

Last edited by BigDogSS; 09-19-2013 at 02:47 PM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2013, 08:24 AM

The bucket seat rails are the most important part of the seat as the bucket could have been used in many cars with only the rails being different. I cant understand why you would need to replace these unless they are incorrect for your car. And all 67s had a power top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
1967, convertible, super sport

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page