Impala Tech - Comments
  1. Old Comment

Arrrrrrgh! (so much for new sheet-metal)

Dude I feel so bad for you,.......that is some ROTTEN luck!

I can say this,....I've used those "Dent Wizard" guys before and I LIKED IT. Great work by those guys.
    Maybe your hood can be salvaged. <fingers crossed>
  2. Old Comment

Update for: June 2010

Howdy, BA! Yep: I'm going with "Azure Aqua" .. I'm so tired of looking at this thing, I can't stand it. I got a REALLY good estimate to have it painted at a local shop - I just finished (as done as it's gettin' ! ) the body work - and it'll be painted in the next few weeks. ~ M.
  3. Old Comment

Update for: June 2010

great video man.
    I can see why you'd be tired of that brown primer, have you decided upon the new color already?
  4. Old Comment

pleasantly surprised. and relieved.

I couldn't for the life of me find the name of the place where this hood came from, Bud - but the box had a MiraLoma, CA address - so I guess that's part of the puzzle. I ordered it from Eckler's - and I'll post some pics in a few minutes. Have to figure out if I can do it here - or if I have to do it in the forums. M.
  5. Old Comment

pleasantly surprised. and relieved.

Congrats. I like about presents especially when they are Impala parts. Post some pics for sure I will definitely check 'em out. Who was the supplier here on the West Coast? Classic Industries?
    Posted 03-10-2010 at 06:34 PM by 68impalacustom396 68impalacustom396 is offline
  6. Old Comment

one more step forward, and another $400 bucks..

I'm wishing you some good luck on that hood! I've read the same thing's you wrote above, exactly the same....all of it.

I bought a repro. SS hood for my Camaro and ended up not using it. It wasn't hateful,.....just not quite good enough considering I could get a used GM one for $300.
    I realize you don't have such an option.

I've seen the difference in the Impala quarter-panels between a coupla parts vendors. It was noticeable.

Whatever you get, it'll be better than a rusty GM one I hope!
  7. Old Comment

Awakening sleeping beauty...

I had a similar 'first fire-up' experience on my Ebay Impala.

It's exciting and a great feeling to hear a motor come to life after having sat for SOOO long and not even knowing what's going to happen!

Good times indeed!! :cheers:

BTW - *excellent* news about the car being so solid!
  8. Old Comment

The '63 Restoration, and her story..

$700 sounds like a real nice deal from the looks of things on top.
    Glad you started a blog on the build process.
  9. Old Comment

The '63 Restoration, and her story..

Note: I call her "Madame Garrett" because she was found on a local street named Garrett Road. Other people in the business's around there called her 'the old girl' .. and so she is.
  10. Old Comment

Awakening sleeping beauty...

I forgot to mention the the Coker wide-whites that were on it were dry-rotted to hell, and beyond their service life. Pity. It seems like someone in the past put some money into her, too.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome