Brakes & Suspension
Transmission & Driveline
Wheels & Tires
Heating & Cooling
Electrical & Wiring
Team Impala Cruise-Ins
Is there a site like this for?
American Auto Wire
Classic Performance Products
Old Air Products
shaark92 is offline
Lifetime Premium Member
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Erath County Texas
View Public Profile
Send a private message to shaark92
Visit shaark92's homepage!
Find all posts by shaark92
purchased in 1981; 283 powerpack heads, powerglide trans. Factory A/C.
82-86 Modified to 300HP 327 Heads, 3 speed manual. painted midnight blue metallic with Imron, interior completely redesigned/installed.
1987 - removed from primary service.
1990 - turbo 350 installed, continued low service duty
2002- moved to my current residence housed in a pole barn. low use
2004 - last recalled move out of the barn
2018 - loaded onto flat bed and started a high-degree restore.
Plan - clean/treat any rust areas (lower door panel/quarter panel/truck ..polish/clear coat the Imron paint
* replace wheels/tires (cragar/michelin)
* suspension rebuild
* front disc brakes/master cylinder
* retain engine block if able, electronic ignition, possibly fuel injected, but remove the quadrajet carb for either throttle body or Holley/Edlebrock 4 barrel
* upgrade radiator/elect radiator fans
* rebuilt the Turbo 350 Tranny or replace with later 3 speed AT. (Turbo 700?)
* Overhaul rear differential.
* restore the air cond (I've never had it function) ... HVAC (heater core has always leaked, too so it's been by passed.
* new wiring harnesses everywhere, incl elect door/trunk locks
* new 4 channel stereo system with bluetooth.
* replace headliner and carpet, dynoframe insulation
* recondition chrome, replace trim as necessary/able.
* HID headlamps, LED elsewhere.
-- Impalas.net (Full)
-- Impalas.net (Classic)
-- Impalas.net (Mobile)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to