Impala Tech

Impala Tech (https://www.impalas.net/forums/)
-   General Tech (https://www.impalas.net/forums/2-general-tech/)
-   -   Frame stands for Big block (https://www.impalas.net/forums/2-general-tech/37752-frame-stands-big-block.html)

SmirchIs#1 04-20-2019 12:22 PM

Frame stands for Big block

I have a set of engine mounts I took from a 69' 427 CI. Caprice.These are the ones that bolt to the frame.Are they the same as Small block mounts,because if the are then the're prob. not worth listing out here for sale.If anyone cares,this was I think an oddball car in the fact that it was 427 4bbl., TH400 ,12 bolt posi ,hide-a-way headlites,disc brakes,AC,tilt wheel,cruise control,PS,PB,PWR seat(bench),PWR windows an locks,vinyl top,ralley wheels and those little chrome blinkers on the top front of the fenders.Here is the bad part,it was a 4 door car

Big Dave 04-20-2019 12:36 PM

In all vehicles except the Camaro and the Nova the frame stands are the same for all engines.

Only the first gen Camaro and the X body Nova required a unique frame stand. This was because the motor was too big to fit in the engine compartment without hitting the steering gear box; so they moved the BBC up and over to clear it with special frame stands.

Those disc brakes and hide-a-way headlights are rare options in 1969 and are worth pulling if you still have the car.

Big Dave

68WASAGOODYEAR 04-20-2019 05:38 PM

You could get $3k or more for the hideaways if they are in working order. I've seen rusted out, non - functioning, sets with missing pieces go for $2k on ebay. The guys at Layitlow will fork over some serious cash for that if you decide to part it out.

SmirchIs#1 04-20-2019 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Dave (Post 223720)
In all vehicles except the Camaro and the Nova the frame stands are the same for all engines.

Only the first gen Camaro and the X body Nova required a unique frame stand. This was because the motor was too big to fit in the engine compartment without hitting the steering gear box; so they moved the BBC up and over to clear it with special frame stands.

Those disc brakes and hide-a-way headlights are rare options in 1969 and are worth pulling if you still have the car.

Big Dave

I do mostly Camaro,F-bird,Chevelle and GTO cars.Thanks for the reply.FYI 65-67 Chevelles had different frame stands for Big and Small block.In all fairness to you it was only because the Big block used a larger HD eng. mount,so the frame stand was clearanced for it,I have a muscle car junkyard and need to do something with all this stuff,as I'm getting old and have a fair amount of fullsize stuff.I don't know how old you are,but clearly are very knowledgible.Thanks again

SmirchIs#1 04-20-2019 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68WASAGOODYEAR (Post 223722)
You could get $3k or more for the hideaways if they are in working order. I've seen rusted out, non - functioning, sets with missing pieces go for $2k on ebay. The guys at Layitlow will fork over some serious cash for that if you decide to part it out.

I pulled the complete drive train and sold the car just last year to a guy in NJ for $700.I have only recently been visiting different websites to try to sell stuff off.My wife says when I kick she's going to scrap it all