Impalas.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I imagining things? I could swear in surfing Impala parts sites I saw someone selling a "1960 Chevy Impala one piece front bumper". I believe the site even called it a "California bumper". Now that I have the time to take a look and am even considering one for my car I can't find it for the life of me. Is there such a thing?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Yes, 1-Piece Bumpers on Full Size Chevys were from at least 1955 to 1962. That is correct that they are known as California Bumpers, as California and I believe all of Canada had them. Not only the Fronts, but Rears too.

Some new ones are being re-produced. Originals are harder to find, but are out there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, 1-Piece Bumpers on Full Size Chevys were from at least 1955 to 1962. That is correct that they are known as California Bumpers, as California and I believe all of Canada had them. Not only the Fronts, but Rears too.

Some new ones are being re-produced. Originals are harder to find, but are out there.

You wouldn't recall who's selling the repros out that offhand?

Thanks

·
Registered
997 Posts
The only "aftermarket" ones that I know of are '62, '63 and '64. I don't believe anyone is re-producing or making any aftermarket ones for a '60, but you may want to call around at different vendors to verify it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts