Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,:|

I have an 1960 Impala 6 Cyl (235). I am looking for few parts:

1. Wiper Motor 2 speed
2. Wiper motor knob 2 speed
3. Water Outlet

any help, suggestions where to find them will be appreciated.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Original 2-Speed Wipers Motors are getting pretty hard to find in good used. Your best bet would be to find a good core and have it rebuilt. The '59 to '62 are the same.

Have you checked on a Water Outlet at your local parts store?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Original 2-Speed Wipers Motors are getting pretty hard to find in good used. Your best bet would be to find a good core and have it rebuilt. The '59 to '62 are the same.

Have you checked on a Water Outlet at your local parts store?
Yes I've been looking in every auto parts for that water outlet including few junk yards.
I will keep trying.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Yes I've been looking in every auto parts for that water outlet including few junk yards.
I will keep trying.
I may have one available. I'll check on it for you.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I checked on it and I have a good Water Neck Outlet available.

I'll send a PM.

Bill

·
Super Moderator
13,089 Posts
235 parts are getting to be as rare as flat head ford V8 parts. When I was kid they where as common as dirt, but not today.

This is why I point out to those with 305 V8's or 250 L6 engines to buy a SBC 350 as soon as they can. They haven't made a new 350 in 18 years in pick-ups and 26 years since one was used in a car. They are disappearing from junk yards. Even if you have no desire to change over from it's "born with" engine a future buyer might have other desires: so a scrap yard rebuildable motor sitting in the trunk just might close the deal on selling your project.

Big Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts