Impalas.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 61 Impala that I have been working on for the past 25 years. I finally got the paint and most of the trim back on the car, but I have several questions regarding the installation of the windshield. I found all the trim for the interior and exterior that goes around the windshield; however, I cannot find any supplier that sells the clips for the top of the exterior molding that goes across the top of the windsheld as well as if the exterior side molding requires any clips. It appears that there should be 3 on each side, but I cannot find anyone that sells these clips as well. Also, is there any seals that are required between the windshield, frame and moldings? I have the gasket that goes around the windshield, but no seals otherwise. Also, can I install the windshield and install the molding clips later? Any help would be great appreciated.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome Jeff. Look up "The Clip house", I think they are out of Dallas. Thats whre I got a box of 100 windshield clips ($20) for my 68'. I used stainless screws to attach and a shot of paint for the clips. Good luck.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've heard that a '61 convertible is one of the harder impalas to restore. I have a problem locating parts for my bubbletop, which was "complete". I can't imagine a converible with missing parts (nightmare)... Do you have the assembly manual, not the 400 page book, I'm talking about the 1000+ page book? Can we see a picture of the car.

·
Registered
145 Posts
the clips are available. Upper windshield revel molding clips..Check Ecklers, bobs, etc..
classic industries shows the back glass clips but not the windshield.

They must go on before the windshield as these top and side clips clip on the pinch weld.
the lower revel molding clips are a second kit...they actually can go on after the glass as they screw in to the body...HOWEVER you must remove the wiper cowl to get to them...

Good luck,

Hammerit-

·
Registered
145 Posts
Oh..the windshield top revel molding clip kits do not include the side clips...they are the same clips. I believe the sides take..uh...four each side...or is it three ...anyway..
I believe I kept some of my old clips that were good and used them....Just an FYI.

H-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.