Impalas.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to lift my 6duece about 3inches. I have been told that I could replace the stock springs with heavy duty springs and use 3 inch lift cups. Is this true? and is it that simple? Its a 4door sedan. Putting a 350 small block under the hood. Anyone with some wisdom please help me out. Im not looking to air ride or nothing like that. Just a simple 3 inches and a nice looking mean stance.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I used the stock 'heavy duty' springs on my 64. They did lift it compared to the old saggy springs which were letting the back end drag on the driveway. But I think the HD springs just bring it up to stock height.
I don't know much about lowering or lifting, but it seems to me that 3 inch cups would be problematic to install in the front. It is hard enough to get the stock springs in place and there is a curve to the spring that I think, would make it prone to slipping off a lift cup. You are better off getting some springs made for the purpose.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clean 4 door! I have decided to get the HD springs and I will give the cups a lift. Most people have welded the cups in place. I have a mechanic that says he can do it so I will give it a shot. I need to lift it so I can get some of my turn radius back... I'm going with some big rims.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.com App

·
Super Moderator
13,089 Posts
NASCAR cars use screw jacks above the coil springs that allow them to preload the car which raises or lowers the car from it's "normal" on the floor race height. Those screw jacks work on stock cars the same way as on the race car. You can look at them on Speedway.com web page.

Big Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts