Impalas.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just registered because I cannot find what E29 means anywhere.

My car is a strippy laurel green 63 Bel Air wagon 6 passenger with a 283ci 2bbl, 3 on the tree and radio delete.

Does anybody else have a factory radio delete car? If so, does it have E29 on the cowl tag?

Any help would be appreciated.

There are no other acc codes on my tag at all.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
The E is most likely tinted front glass.

The 29 looks like it might be courtesy lights under the dash. So instead of just having dome lights does your car also have lights under the dash that light up the floor in the front when you open your doors?

·
Registered
7 Posts
On 1963 cars built at Van Nuys California (and no other Fisher plant in 63) the ACC codes included a date as well as options, so in this case E is for tinted glass (all windows) and the 29 is the date the cowl tag was stamped, which means April 29, 1963 - which aligns with the date code. It's not known why Van Nuys did this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On 1963 cars built at Van Nuys California (and no other Fisher plant in 63) the ACC codes included a date as well as options, so in this case E is for tinted glass (all windows) and the 29 is the date the cowl tag was stamped, which means April 29, 1963 - which aligns with the date code. It's not known why Van Nuys did this.
Thanks a lot! puzzle solved!

@Deadwolf I checked the interior lights and the dome light comes on only when the front passenger door is open.
The driver side front door has a switch in the door jamb but it's not functioning or getting power it seems like.
Besides the dash lights the only other interior light is the glove box. All of the dash lights/warning lights work fine.

I also have a blinker issue I'd like to solve so I'll be making 1 more thread for that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts