Impalas.net banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
where would i find the correct rivets? When I was first starting this project i was not planning on making this a factory correct resto or anything just wanted to make it a nice everyday driver maybe like a resto mod with the ls engine and also i had no information that it might be a rare vehicle other than being a 64 ss
off the top of my head I couldn't tell you where to get the rivets but I am surprised as hell that the shop doing the resto took it off. they should have known better. as you may already know they are a special rivet, and the few places that sell them know that some people like to buy them for the criminal purpose of passing a plain jane non-original off as a rare expensive find

@62BillT or @BA. or one of our other members might know where to get the right ones

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I've seen them for sale, but not sure where. It would need to be researched online.

I agree, the Cowl Tag should never had been removed. If there is any evidence of it, it would be frowned upon, could even hurt the re-sale. Which adds to another important reason why it is good he is keeping the engine. If it is the original, the Date Codes will match with the Cowl Tag.

Reactions: 65_&_67_Impala

·
Super Moderator
3,630 Posts
Hell I need a pair of the rivets for my Camaro project! I also want to know where to get them. :)
Mine was literally totaled and brought back to life, the wreck crunched up that part of the firewall and it had to be replaced.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
ecial rivet, and the few places that sell them know that some people like to
off the top of my head I couldn't tell you where to get the rivets but I am surprised as hell that the shop doing the resto took it off. they should have known better. as you may already know they are a special rivet, and the few places that sell them know that some people like to buy them for the criminal purpose of passing a plain jane non-original off as a rare expensive find

@62BillT or @BA. or one of our other members might know where to get the right ones
I had no idea, this is my first project like this so no experience with this and like I said I had not idea this might be a unique vehicle when I started.

also the shop that did the resto is actually a prison auto shop. I know that sounds strange but as stated I wasnt looking for a concourse restoration just a rebuild to make this vehicle reliable and solid again. I am very happy with their work they did a ton of work and did it for 14$ an hour. It did take 18 months but I was in no hurry so.

I will attach some pics in case anyway wanted to see, but it looks fantastic imo they redid everything but the engine and trans,upholstry etc.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
again this is the first project I have done and was very happy with the work, all new glass and chrome, please ignore the wheels they are just the junk wheels that were on there.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Car looks great.

Still puzzled about your hood though. Post some pictures of the underside of it when you get a chance.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Corrections to the above:
  • 1447 = Impala SS 2-door coupe. This is the first year the Impala SS could be identified by the Style code.
  • The Assembly plant is "VN" (Van Nuys, CA), not "NW".
  • Sequence number is 7768, which means the 7768th Impala 2 door hardtop body built in the 1964 model year at Van Nuys. Each body style had its own sequence number within the plant.
  • 936 = Ermine White.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts