Impalas.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Block number is stamped 8844422
I have checked online and the closest code to mine is 3844422. Were there any blocks stamped wrong?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Do you have a 409?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I'm not real familiar with a mis-stamp, but if the Engine Suffix Code checks out, the Engine Date Code checks out and everything looks right except for the one number, I would say that anything is possible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. I will pass this information on to my son. numbers on the front of the engine on the passenger side have been filed off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's not possible to misprint (or miss stamp) a casting number as the number is cast directly into the casting when the block casting is poured. It is not stamped on the block. The only stamped numbers are located on the passenger side pad on the front of the block. If that has been removed this is probably a remanufactured engine. Is it important to know exactly which 409 engine this is? If you're wanting a numbers correct motor, this block won't help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's not possible to misprint (or miss stamp) a casting number as the number is cast directly into the casting when the block casting is poured. It is not stamped on the block. The only stamped numbers are located on the passenger side pad on the front of the block. If that has been removed this is probably a remanufactured engine. Is it important to know exactly which 409 engine this is? If you're wanting a numbers correct motor, this block won't help.
Ok, thank you. My son has the car up for sale and the bank was wanting to verify that this was the original motor that came with the car in order to loan the guy the money for the car. Looks like that’s not the case. Thanks gentlemen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here is the block # CM is talking about. It appears to be a 425/409 engine. Could it be that the block # is actually 3844422 and shadows are making it look like a different number.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I agree and thought that myself that it very well could have been mis-read.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is the block # CM is talking about. It appears to be a 425/409 engine. Could it be that the block # is actually 3844422 and shadows are making it look like a different number.
I agree and thought that myself that it very well could have been mis-read.
No, Took pictures from several angles and it reads like it is. The guy bought it as it stands. Guessing the bank was okay with it .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts