Impalas.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am currently at the very end of a year+ frame off restoration of my 65 Impala. I ordered all new glass from Classic Industries. The restoration shop is having issues with the front door side glass (mainly) lining up and fitting right.

Can any experts out there tell me the differences in the front door side glass between the convertible and hardtop? With this info I want to see if its possible we were sent the wrong (hardtop) glass.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Super Moderator
1,607 Posts
You don't have the old glass for the shop to compare the two?

I have a 65 convert, I can measure the top edge and the height of the glass at the back of the door if you need it. Can't measure it from the mounting points on the regulator, though, sorry.

I'll take a peek in my manuals and see what they say, too.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
As mentioned on the other forum, I believe it has a different angle where it meets the Rear Quarter Glass, but that would need to be verified by someone who would know for sure.

It also could be that it has a different angle where it meets the Roof.

I do remember being told by more than one through the years that it has a different angle somewhere.

Bill

·
Premium Member
13,149 Posts
On my wife's Chrysler Sebring convertible the glass was angled in more at the top to get a good seal pushing against the soft rubber seal at the top. This is in comparison to the next door neighbor who had a four door hard top, but otherwise the same car. His glass was straighter (more vertical) at the top of the glass where it sealed against the soft rubber of his steel roof.

Big Dave

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
I have also read that the side glass has a different curvature.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts