Impalas.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know the official name of the sheet metal which the trunk hinges attach to?, it is not the Glass to Trunk Filler Panel on the exterior, it is the hidden one beneath the rear deck, it is the one which accepts the weather stripping at the opening of the trunk, where can I buy(find) one? thx

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,156 Posts
The official name and part number for that piece is listed in the Fisher Body Service manual. I do not have that manual nor do I know the name of the part you need.

I can tell you that the only source will be one cut out of a parts car (either your own personal parts car, or one that is found in a salvage yard). If you are going to be needing a lot of parts; it is going to be much cheaper for you to buy your own fully assembled parts car (sold as a used car), than it will be to buy them all a part at a time from the junk yard.

Big Dave

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Big Dave...fortunately for me this SS is all complete and very good on body sheet metal, only standard pans needed., but this one issue is weighing heavy right now...a 66 will due or maybe even a 65 Bonneville...they share parts...I may have to pay for a fabricator to reproduce something for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.