Impalas.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1966 SS impala and I wanted to know what year and make of other cars where I can pull off the spindles and disk brake parts and they fit on my car from a junk yard. please help

·
Registered
966 Posts
Question
I'm trying upgrade from drum brakes to disc on a 1966 impala. Can you tell me what other the cars that I can swap disc brakes from?

Thank You, Torrance

Answer
Torrance ;
Hea - I would say that most any full size GM type car that is within a few years should work , I would try to stay with chevy but - 65, 66, 67,68, 69 , and buick - pont. will also work. but if you use other than chevy you must know what it is from ,so when you buy parts they will fit it. and make shure the bearings and splines are good ,etc. If you can get the whole brake / wheel assembly for each one that would be the best way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Other options

Brake Spindles from 70's Corvettes and the rest of the parts will bolt on. I just did it to my 66. Make sure that the spindle has 2 holes where the tie rod connects. I needed to remove the aluminum rod that was in the second hole and the tie rod went right in.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Front disc brakes from 67-68-69-70 Impalas fit 65-66 Impalas.Front rotors are pricey and hard to find,but corvette rear rotors fit these hubs with little mods.

·
Registered
7 Posts
66 impala disc brake conversion kit

hi I have a 66 impala that I head drum brakes on I went on ebay and tight and 66 impala conversion brakes kit and I found the whole kit drilled and slotted rotors calipers hardware in brake hoses everything that you would need to do that is all in 1 package I paid around 300 bucks for it all and it took me 2 hours to convert from drum brakes to disc brakes and they work excellent ebay would be your best shot in cheapest route and it only took 7 days for the conversion kit to land on my doorstep

·
Super Moderator
3,518 Posts
It does really make me happy to see others helping others out! You know, sharing the knowledge and all that. It's a wonderful thing.

But, I can't pass up the opportunity to rib on ya because dude, this thread is 5 years old!! :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dusc brakes

hi I have a 66 impala that I head drum brakes on I went on ebay and tight and 66 impala conversion brakes kit and I found the whole kit drilled and slotted rotors calipers hardware in brake hoses everything that you would need to do that is all in 1 package I paid around 300 bucks for it all and it took me 2 hours to convert from drum brakes to disc brakes and they work excellent ebay would be your best shot in cheapest route and it only took 7 days for the conversion kit to land on my doorstep
would you have the link or the address? :bow: I want to convert a 1967

1 - 8 of 8 Posts