Impalas.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Windshield wiper motor and pump not working. I see 3 wires that have been cut (black, red and brown). They appear to be coming from inside the pump housing. Also have a wire coming from inside motor housing (black/purple) that is cut. See image attached. Especially cannot figure out where black red and brown wires go!? Anyone have a diagram? Any help is much appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Paul,
Had a similar problem on my 66 SS Impala. After checking everything I could think of, I found the motor was bad, When I replaced it however, the first time I turned it on it didn't work and created a small amount of smoke from the motor area. After allot of looking, checking and down right wondering I found the switch in the dashboard had a bad ground. After removing the switch and cleaning and reinstalling the switch (and installed another motor/pump assembly) it's been working for a couple years now.
I hope this helps.
Rick

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Need help with 66 Impala wiper motor. I have 3 cut wires. One is black and purple, which I think should be ground to chassis. Other two are tan (white?) and red. These two appear to come from back side of plug in terminal. See pics. Can someone help me with how and where to connect these wires so I can get this back together? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts