Impalas.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled on the interior paint codes for 60 to 64 Chevs. But I can't find the codes for 65 and up....

Can anyone point me in the right direction. I'm looking for the blue interior codes for 1966 Biscayne/Belairs....

THX

·
Premium Member
13,119 Posts
Mist Blue had a Paint Code of D
Danube Blue had a Paint Code of E
Marina Blue had a Paint Code of F

737 Blue Cloth/Vinyl Bench Seat
739 Blue Cloth/Vinyl Bench Seat
740 Blue Vinyl Bucket seats
I assume one of the Cloth/Vinyl Bench Seats was deluxe and the other Standard trim quality.

Big Dave

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dave......Can you expand on this answer...I'm looking to get paint mixed for the interior. What do the codes "D,E,F" break down to for Dupont or Sherwin Williams?
I think the paint codes will be a 1-6 digit # as they are for 1964....?

·
Registered
81 Posts
When I went to the paint shop with a pic of the color I wanted, he asked if I had anything to go on. I said "It's Barrier blue, I don't know who makes it or. . " and he said "Here it is, 1966 General Motors Barrier Blue." (apparently it's a Pontiac color) I walked out a half hour later with a gallon of paint, a lot easier than I thought it would be.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I stumbled on the interior paint codes for 60 to 64 Chevs. But I can't find the codes for 65 and up....

Can anyone point me in the right direction. I'm looking for the blue interior codes for 1966 Biscayne/Belairs....

THX
Interior paint codes and colors ARE NOT the same.
TCPGlobal's Auto Color Library has the original color charts and they can provide the paint, click below:
1966 Chevrolet Paint Codes

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Big Dog..... Checked that last link you sent me on 66 Interior colours and with an 840 exterior code, they do not show an interior semi-gloss match for a blue interior, only flat colour.
Thought that was funny....

·
Registered
329 Posts
Probably because is it a Biscayne. Sounds like an awesome car! I've noticed factory interiors are primarily on the low gloss/flat side. They always look like they need to be buffed out to shine.
I got the correct interior paint code (RED) from a similar chart for my 1967 Impala SS. I had TCPGlobal mix up this correct color in FULL GLOSS for my dash & related parts and it looks AWESOME!! I did paint the top of the dash flat to cut down on reflection on the windshield.

·
Registered
329 Posts
You would THINK the front of the dash should be shiny, but they did not come from the factory like that. The most gloss would a semi-gloss. I went FULL GLOSS.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mist Blue had a Paint Code of D
Danube Blue had a Paint Code of E
Marina Blue had a Paint Code of F

737 Blue Cloth/Vinyl Bench Seat
739 Blue Cloth/Vinyl Bench Seat
740 Blue Vinyl Bucket seats
I assume one of the Cloth/Vinyl Bench Seats was deluxe and the other Standard trim quality.

Big Dave
Rich Gerig here from Oregon.I have a 65 impala Ss with red interior. Under the dash pad looks flat,then the glove box has satin red with a darker flat under chrome piece across dash .My question do you know the codes for those colors. Ps ,exterior is medura red,kind of maroon.any help appreciated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts