Impalas.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of doors for a 1966 with window glass and regulator and also has the wing side windows all original and operational. Excellent shape. Anyone have a ballpark on what the set would be worth? I also have a passenger rear quarter that's in good shape. Pics attached for condition.
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Wood

Train Hood Motor vehicle Rolling stock Railway

Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle Automotive tire Grass

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper

Automotive tire Watercraft Boat Wood Tread

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Plant Road surface Asphalt

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive tire

·
Registered
166 Posts
They're pretty much worth what someone is prepared to pay, I know that sounds a bit obvious but it's actually not, since the more people that know they're for sale increases your chances of getting a better price. What I would do to feel out the market or maybe even progress to the actual sale is clean them up a little, take a few better pictures being wary of the photo backgrounds etc & put them on eBay as a bid auction starting at $0.99c.

The trick with eBay is to list for the maximum amount of time available to get maximum exposure, but more importantly, make sure the end date/time is a time that you'll be able to watch as the auction nears completion, because if the price reached isn't as high as you'd like eBay allows you to end the auction early without actually selling.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Selling is not the hard part. Unless it's a local pick-up, shipping is where the effort is. If some one needs it shipped and you use a conventional carrier, here is where the work begins. For the Doors: Weight, Size, Estimating, Dis-Mantling, Boxing, Transporting, etc. For the Rear Quarter: That one may have to go by Freight.

Parts look good by the way.

Unless you are geared up for it, I would just advertise them locally. As far as I can tell from the pictures, Doors are worth about $200-$350 Each, Rear Quarter, if it's an original, at least the cost of a reproduced one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts