Impalas.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi @ all,

my name is rainer, i am a 59 years old young guy from germany.
in june this year i bought an 67 impala. so far so good. The impala needs a little love from me, i fixed some things, backlights, carburator, filters, starter, fuel pump etc.
At the last workshop (replace shock absorber and completely all bushings with pu) i found the frame number
GC 203
the date code is difficult to red, i think tis 2 8 66.

Does anybody know, is this a corrcect impala frame number or is it a swap frame. And, from which car is the frame?
Thanks a lot and, sorry for my incredible english.

Rainer

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
85 Posts
yeah absolutely sure.i've sanding the area around the number, it is visible perfect. I think, the right number of the frame must be 3901840 from "Factory Assembling Manual".
I found this: Need good info for finding a frame for a 1967 Parisienne - Canadian Poncho
Is it really an number from a Parisienne? Can you verify this?
This I couldn't tell you. based on the link you posted which shows a picture of a frame, and another pic I have showing the frame of a '67 Impala convertible

Pontiac
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

67 impala convertible
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Plant Wood

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi @ all,

my name is rainer, i am a 59 years old young guy from germany.
in june this year i bought an 67 impala. so far so good. The impala needs a little love from me, i fixed some things, backlights, carburator, filters, starter, fuel pump etc.
At the last workshop (replace shock absorber and completely all bushings with pu) i found the frame number
GC 203
the date code is difficult to red, i think tis 2 8 66.

Does anybody know, is this a corrcect impala frame number or is it a swap frame. And, from which car is the frame?
Thanks a lot and, sorry for my incredible english.

Rainer
Your frame number should be 3901653. This the GM part number. Unfortunately, I don’t have my part number available. Don’t confuse this number with the partial VIN number that should be stamped on the frame.

Regards, Tom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for all these info. The number 3901653 is a part number, right. But it'isnt the number on my impala.
i found the part number 3400653 on it with a partial vin number 130032. And this Partial VIN dont fit with the VIN of my car.
Does anyone know, from which car is the 3400653 number?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts