Impalas.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to this site. I am currently restoring my 1967 Impala SS. I am in need of several body panels, and can't seem to find any 67ss parts on the net. Does anyone know what if any other year Impala is interchangeable with my 67ss? Will 66 or 68 body panels fit? As I said this is my first American Car restoration so I need all the help I can get. There is a what I would call a main radiator support behind the front bumper it connects with the inner fender well under the battery tray on the passenger side. Mine is rusted out and I need a new one. Any ideas? It is a really big piece. I think I may be able to fab a new one but it won't look as good as the original. I will post pics in the coming days. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pics of the 67

Here is a pic of the 67. I will post a pic of the trouble spots behind the grill. Again anyone that knows what parts of 66 and 68's will fit on my 67 ss please let me know.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I'm pretty sure 7 8 9's will all work. I have a connection with a 67 4dr. if you need the rad. support.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Here is a core support for your car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-CHEVY-IMPALA-RADIATOR-GRILLE-CORE-SUPPORT-HEADLAMP-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c154c1d46QQitemZ120616394054QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

This is the "core support" that you describe. The grill rivits to this on the top.
If you just need the part that the grill rivits to on the bottom that is usually called the bumper filler. The bumper filler is sitting in the background of the core support picture link above.
It is just a flat piece of stamped metal and come up frequently for sale also or ask the guy to send them both!
Shipping is quite high on these big parts so you should check local salvage yards or Craigslist

Most of the 67 body panels are unique to 67 but you can use doors and quarters with a little modification. Front sheet metal is all different. Floor pans and trunk floors are common to all the 65-70's in most cases.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks alot I looked all over ebay and didn't see it that is exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks again,

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Let me know what part you need, header panel or bumper fillers; there's a complete 67' front end up the street from me :).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I need that whole front part that the ebay link above shows. What kind of condition is the front clip in. I also need the bumper filler.
Thaks,

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
From a quick look it's the normal rust in the normal places. but complete. I think it still has the T3 bulbs. The car is at a buddys salvage yard. I can take pics. if needed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts