Impalas.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The drivers side front window regulator went out on my four door 1967, and before I spend money on a replacement I wanted to do some research to try and avoid wasting money on the wrong part or getting ripped off.

-is the regulator hardware the same on pillar and pillarless style sedans?
-in case a '67 can't be located, do other model years use identical regulator hardware?

I imagine getting a new regulator in is beyond my current skillset, toolset, and workspace and that I will need to have in done in a shop, so I just want to make sure I show up with the right part.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Is this for vent window or door glass? I would imagine that any 65-68 "B" body GM would be the same.....I do not have a Hollender Interchange book to find out. Maybe a Chevelle of those years????????

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The door glass, not the vent windows.
I've been looking for images to compare to similar hardware from other Chevy cars around 67, but no luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a type or brand of grease I should be using on the rollers and guides/channels? I'd like to avoid making a bush league mistake and deteriorate the plastic/nylon rollers accidentally by choosing incorrectly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The drivers side front window regulator went out on my four door 1967, and before I spend money on a replacement I wanted to do some research to try and avoid wasting money on the wrong part or getting ripped off.

-is the electric window regulator hardware the same on pillar and pillarless style sedans?
-in case a '67 can't be located, do other model years use identical regulator hardware?

I imagine getting a new regulator in is beyond my current skillset, toolset, and workspace and that I will need to have in done in a shop, so I just want to make sure I show up with the right part.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
hey mate sorry if i maybe off topic with my question i would just like to ask where are you getting parts for those kinds model for 65-68? dont tell me you get that from ebay because i am really getting dizzy looking for those parts or do you have any contact in here? please let me know thanks. :boring:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Andrea,

I just sent you a message.

Bill

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is this for vent window or door glass? I would imagine that any 65-68 "B" body GM would be the same.....I do not have a Hollender Interchange book to find out. Maybe a Chevelle of those years????????
I would agree that any 65-70 two door regulator would work. I am looking for both passenger and driver side for my 68 SS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts