Impalas.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’m new to the forum, still trying to figure out how everything works. I have a 68 impala convertible and I recently purchased a set of fender skirts for my vehicle but the problem is they didn’t send any installation instructions. I have no knowledge of how they’re suppose to be installed. I can’t locate any information on the installation. I was wondering if anyone had any installation instructions, it would be very helpful

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
There are 3 points of hold on the installation. A front and rear bracket at the bottoms and the one at the top. Did you get these brackets with the skirts?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I have the three mounting brackets plus five additional pieces that I have no ideal where they go. I assume they’re suppose to be mounted to the car to secure the three brackets. This impala didn’t come with skirts. I purchased a complete set from classic industries with the hardware included but no instructions included.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Fender skirts were mostly 'gone'/passe by around 1960. You are likely on your own trying to attach them (GM did not do it for you).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve seen a few 68 impalas with skirts I’m sure someone knows how to install them

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Factory Skirts gained in popularity somewhat between '67 to '73, most of them being on a Caprice.

Posting some pictures of the parts may help.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
They do not resemble anything like the factory brackets, which are the only ones I am familiar with.

I'm sure you have by now, but did you contact the vendor that you bought them from? Or the supplier where they got them from?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I purchased them from classic industries but they came from kns the supplier. They didn’t have any instructions. They stated that they would try and locate some, it’s been over a month

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I purchased them from classic industries but they came from kns the supplier. They didn’t have any instructions. They stated that they would try and locate some, it’s been over a month
Have you tried KNS directly?

Classic is a great place, but if nothing materializes, I myself would opt to return them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts